Become a SHPE Boston MemberJoin our SHPE Familia to start making an impact!
The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) was created by a group of Los Angeles professional engineers in 1974. They wanted to form a network of professional engineers to serve as role models in the Hispanic community and advance the success of Hispanics in the engineering industry.
Today, SHPE has grown to include more than 60 professional chapters and 230 student chapters throughout the United States and Puerto Rico — and those numbers continue to increase. With this vast network of individuals and resources, SHPE serves as the source for academic and career growth and success. Don’t miss out on a chance to grow professionally and personally — SHPE is YOUR source.
SHPE for Professionals
Professional members of SHPE utilize SHPE resources to find greater success in their careers and beyond. Whether a member is an entry-level engineer or an experienced executive, professional development options are available to meet that member’s needs. Professional members also have tremendous opportunities to network with colleagues and corporate partners, take on SHPE chapter leadership positions, and give back to their communities through various outreach initiatives.
SHPE Boston Benefits
- Access to Professional Development and Leadership Development workshops
- Leadership development opportunities in management, marketing, sales, fundraising and other areas
- Access to premier events such as the Holiday End of Year Banquet, Hispanic Heritage Month events, and keynote speeches by local Hispanic Executives in technology and engineering
- Community service opportunities
- Professional, career, & leadership training offered at our various events:
- SHPE Conference
- National Institute for Leadership Advancement (NILA)
- Graduate Leadership Institute (GLI)
- Regional Leadership Development Conferences (RLDC)
- Management Growth Training (MGT)
- Executive Leadership Institute (ELI)
- Networking opportunities with local Hispanic engineers, high profile professionals, technologists, corporate representatives, and SHPE leaders
- Complimentary subscription to the SHPE Magazine
- Eligibility for Graduate School Scholarships
- Eligibility for SHPE National Awards
- Discounted registration to SHPE National and Regional Conferences
“The leadership skills, professional development, and networks I gained through SHPE have proven invaluable in achieving my career goals. Now as a P&G employee, I am fortunate enough to continue my involvement with SHPE.”
JOIN SHPE BOSTON
In order to become an official SHPE Boston member, you are required to sign up for SHPE national membership on the SHPE National website (https://www.shpeconnect.org), and list Boston as your professional chapter.
Steps/instructions to sign up:
- Visit SHPEConnect.org using the link above
- Create an account by entering your email
- Click on the “Register Now” link
- Fill out the New Visitor Registration form
- Create a password
- Click on the “Join/Renew Membership” link
- Choose the membership type (in most cases, you’ll choose “SHPE Professional Membership”)
- Select a region and a professional chapter (Region 4 / Boston / BMA Professional-Regular)
- Fill out the additional information form
- Review Education information
- Accept the SHPE Code of Ethics
- Add membership to your shopping cart
- Check out and submit payment
- You’re done!