Job Title: Junior Quality Engineering Technician
Job Class: Quality
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Code: N/A
Last Update: 28 November 2017
Reports to: Global Director of Quality Assurance
The Jr. Quality Engineering Technician is responsible for performing a variety of quality systems and quality assurance related activities including creation and management of quality plans, non-conforming materials management, internal auditing, management review, procedure development and training, management of quality records, product inspection (Receiving, In-Process, and Final Inspection), and other duties as directed by management under supervision.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist in creation and management of process control plans from work instructions and AAP engineering drawings.
- To maintain internal and supplier CAPA responses to ensure comprehensive and effective solutions.
- To assist in the nonconformance management process.
- To support quality system related processes per ISO 13485 requirements with oversight.
- To support the management review process with data analytics under supervision.
- To perform inspection duties for incoming materials, in-process work, and final product prior to shipment to customers.
Related Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field, or
- Associates degree in a technical field with 2+ years of experience in a metrology related field, and
- 2+ years of part-time, full-time, or internship / co-op work experience.
Other Preferred Qualifications /Skill Sets:
- Basic understanding of drawings and specification (preferred).
- Basic knowledge of the ISO 9001 / ISO 13485 family of standards (preferred).
- Basic measurement and mathematics skills, including statistical analysis (preferred).
- Working knowledge of the use of calipers and micrometers as measurement tools (preferred).
- Working knowledge with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Minitab (or equivalent statistical analysis software) (preferred).
- Ability to conduct responsibilities independently or with minimum supervision (required).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (required).
- Strong attention to detail (required).
- Ability to work well with others in a team setting (required).
- Ability to demonstrate dexterity sufficient to inspection operations.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds routinely; 50 pounds occasionally.
Quality Procedures Relevant to Job:
The required Quality Procedures for the job title are determined based on the job class using QF 2.18.01-14, Job Class Requirements.
This job description is not intended to be a complete statement listing all the duties of the position, but rather to act as a guide towards the major areas of emphasis of the job. As the nature of our business changes over time, this position description will be updated accordingly.
Contact SHPE Boston to apply or if you have any questions!
Amphenol Alden – https://www.aldenproducts.com/
Located just south of Boston, our company headquarters in Brockton, Massachusetts is home to many key roles within our organization. In addition to housing our Sales, Marketing, Purchasing, Finance, HR, and US-based Engineering teams, this facility is responsible for all of our domestic volume production. Our R&D center and mechanical, electrical, environmental, and sterilization reprocessing labs are all housed conveniently in this one facility, enabling rapid development and testing of new designs.