>> Election Results – Click Here<<
If you have been an active member of SHPE and have great ideas for improving the organization, now is your chance to act. SHPE is looking for candidates that want to make an impact at the highest levels of the SHPE Boston organization. If you want to be in a position that cultivates leadership skills, encourages ownership, and presents invaluable networking opportunities, then don’t hesitate to become a candidate in the upcoming elections.
Positions are staggered in the following pattern, to preserve board continuity.
In even numbered years (2014, 2016, etc), the following positions open for office:
In odd numbered years (2015, 2017, etc), the following positions open for office:
Committee Positions are appointed (i.e. Professional Development Committee, University Relations Committee. IT Committee, Marketing Committee, etc.). For more information click here.
All forms and supporting documentation should be submitted electronically to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Professional photo (.jpg)
- Nominations from 5 professional members (SHPE Nomination Form)
2014 ELECTIONS TIMELINE
Nominations open: May 7th, 2014 – June 5rd, 2014
Elections to occur: June 9th, 2014 – June 15th, 2014
Election results announcement: By June 16th, 2014
Elected Officers Assume Office on: July 1st, 2014
Members who have been nominated as a candidate for Officer must meet the following candidate eligibility criteria:
(1) Voter Eligibility. Regular and Associate members may participate in the election process if their membership dues are paid as of April first (1st) of the election year.
(2) Board Evaluation of Candidates. The Board of Directors has the right to approve or disapprove of any candidate nominated for any Officer position to ensure that the candidate has the right skills, experience and familiarity with the organization to maintain or improve the stability of the organization and the quality of its leadership. The Board evaluation process may include a review of the candidates’ resumes or curriculum vitae, in-person interviews, references from colleagues, associates or personal friends, or any other such legal screening process that ensures that the candidate is qualified to perform the duties of the position.
(3) Nominations for More Than One Office. A candidate shall not run for more than one concurrent office. If nominated to more than one office, the candidate must decide which position he/she wants to run for. In addition, an individual shall not hold more than one elected position within SHPE Boston concurrently. If elected to two different offices, a candidate must decide which office he/she will take. If a position on the Board is vacated due to a member being elected to two positions, the second position will be filled by the runner-up candidate.
(4) Eligibility of Candidates for President. Candidates for the position of Chapter President must have already served a minimum of two years on the Board of Directors, unless this criterion is waived by the Board of Directors in the candidate’s evaluation process.
(5) Eligibility of Candidates for Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. A Regular or Associate member is eligible to hold office if his/her candidacy is approved by the Board evaluation process.