Be Engaged! Be Challenged! Be Empowered!
We are excited to announce that registration is now open for the 32nd Annual National Institute for Leadership Advancement (NILA). NILA 2018 will be held August 8-12 in Oklahoma City, OK. NILA is SHPE’s premier leadership training program for the 2018-2019 chapter executive board members.
Why Attend NILA?
Invaluable leadership, chapter and personal development with culmination as a Certified Chapter Leader.
Location and Dates
Oklahoma City, OK
August 8-12, 2018
1) Go to SHPEConnect at www.shpeconnect.org
2) Login to SHPEConnect
3) Click on the “Register for NILA” menu header and follow the prompts*
*PLEASE NOTE: If you do not see the “Register for NILA” option that means the SHPE Connect system does not recognize you as an E-Board member. Please update your profile in SHPE Connect and then try again.
Registration is now open
Registration closes: June 15, 2018
Requirements to Attend NILA
– Be a paid & approved SHPE 2017-2018 member and renew your 2018-2019 membership before July 1, 2018
– Be a paid & approved SHPE Chapter Board member for the 2018-2019 membership year
– Attendance is restricted to once every 3 years
Student Members: $400
Professional Members: $450
– Travel stipend (Students up to $200, Professionals up to $150)
– Shared hotel accommodations (arrangements made by SHPE)
– Students will be housed four (4) per room
– Professionals will be housed two (2) per room
– Three complete meals plus snacks throughout the day. Students (Thursday, Friday, Saturday). Professionals (Friday, Saturday).
– Access to keynotes, workshops, and materials
– Leadership commencement ceremony
– Increase and advance your effective leadership skills
– Practice strategies to retain members and manage your chapter
– Develop marketing and fund development strategies and materials
– Implement a succession plan for the growth and success of the chapter
Registration closes on June 15. For more information, please visit the NILA Website or email email@example.com.
For over 30 years, the National Institute for Leadership Advancement (NILA) has been SHPE’s solution to developing relevant and responsible community leaders across the nation to ensure that Hispanics are not only represented, but are influential drivers in the future of STEM both in the community and at a national level.
NILA’s purpose and design is to cultivate and train community leaders to serve in leadership roles within SHPE’s nationwide eco-system and operating structure and, ultimately, advance SHPE’s mission and vision. While these individuals serve in specific leadership roles directly related to SHPE’s operational and programmatic success, they also serve their communities on a larger scale. These individuals lead SHPE’s national efforts and provide mission fulfillment through community engagement and social impact by empowering the Hispanic community to realize its fullest potential and to impact the world through STEM awareness, access, support, and development.
NILA empowers student and professional leaders from across the country to:
- Increase self-awareness and leadership skills to be effective chapter leaders
- Develop a chapter strategy to sustain and grow chapters and increase their positive impact within their communities
- Identify how to continue their legacy and SHPE’s legacy by engaging and developing members into community and professional leaders