SHPEtinas: Movers & Shakers
- What does being a “Mover & Shaker” mean to you? How do you challenge the status quo and change or impact the world or your community through STEM?
- When you graduated from college, did you imagine you would be where you are now?
- How was your transition from college to the workforce? What did you learn?
- If you could give yourself one piece of advice when you were 20 years-old, what would you say and why?
- Tell us about a time you experience failure at some point in your career? How did you learn from it and where did it take you?
- What are some ways you have been able to find your passion and what professional accomplishments are you most proud of?
- What are some rookie mistakes you made in the beginning of your career that you see happening often to others?
- What is your superpower?
Dora Maria Abreu, IT Project Manager at Credit Suisse, is the technical lead and trainer of CS support personnel and freelancers supporting corporate events. Dora is an avid technology and education professional with progressive work experience in IT support and as a software engineer/developer. She has helped youth of all ages and the community-at-large through mentoring, coaching, and providing a variety of programs and workshops on internship preparation, leadership, and professional development, as well as, technical classes for those in the STEM field. By being part of the John C. Maxwell Team she has been able to build on these skills and reach a wider audience in leadership and communication training. She enjoys music, dance, sports, photography and poetry.
Elvia Bautista, IT Advisor at eBaux, is a project manager and IT consultant/advisor for non-profits and startups, focusing in technology strategy, security risk assessments, and information security awareness programs. She is committed to the empowerment and advancement of Hispanics in STEM fields across Boston and New England. She has held various management and engineering positions with companies including Sun Life Financial, JP Morgan, and ITAM. She holds an M.B.S and a B.S. in Computer Engineering from Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM). She also earned a M.S. in Networks and Information Systems for Enterprises from Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications (ENST) in Rennes, France.