The Grommet is a product launch platform. This means we find unique, undiscovered products and help them succeed. Over the past decade, we have discovered and launched thousands of unique and innovative products, including several household brands like FitBit, IdeaPaint, OtterBox, and SodaStream.
Our Engineering team is a huge part of that success and we are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who has the experience and the drive to deploy high quality code in a fast-paced environment. We believe every day should be a learning experience for our engineers. Working closely with our Product and Design teams, you will design, code, and test new features using our entire tech stack. For our day-to-day development, we follow an agile scrum method, consisting of 2-week sprints, daily standups, and retrospectives.
Over the next year, our team will be developing the next iteration of our platform from the ground up using Magento 2 and Laravel. We have an ambitious road map where you’ll be working on such projects as implementing an intuitive and responsive UI/X shopping experience, developing new REST endpoints, creating new billing, shipping, and EDI integrations, integrating with 3rd party social media and marketing services, developing faceted search and suggestion systems, minimizing latency to improve user experience, and meeting data-warehousing and reporting needs, and all of this running in a fast, secure, and monitored cloud environment.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of professional PHP web development
- Deep understanding of relational database concepts, specifically MySQL
- Demonstrable knowledge of web technologies, including HTML and CSS
- Discipline with writing unit tests
- Proficient understanding of Git and working with Github, BitBucket, etc.
- Deep expertise with creating and maintaining REST APIs
- Strong grasp of security principles and e-commerce applications
- Experience maintaining and developing for Magento is a big plus
SOME OF THE GOOD STUFF
- Work and learn how you want: Every software engineer at The Grommet receives a shiny new Mac with a monitor setup of their choice. Engineers choose their own tools to get their work done. Software licenses, hardware, and educational materials are all at your disposal. We want you to do your best work here.
- Work Environment: We’re a fun, growing e-commerce company. Located a five-minute walk from Davis Square, our office has a beautifully crafted modern-rustic vibe with a casual dress code. We have a fully stocked kitchen, free coffee and snacks, “bagel Mondays” and other treats. We do several company events around the year, and lots of us like to have fun around the office.
- Discounts: We offer discounts on hundreds of the products on our site. We even get free samples of many products. It’s perfect for gift giving.
- Culture of Mentorship and Learning: You’ll get exposure to Boston’s startup industry and the chance to learn from people on our team and from the industry. We host frequent information and expertise sharing events (formal and informal) at work and give team members the chance to attend meetups.
- Compensation: Competitive salary, great benefits, a yearly bonus incentive plan based on both individual and company performance, and a great work-life balance are all part of the deal.
We take pride in having assembled some of the smartest, nicest, and talented people under one roof and we’re incredibly proud of the culture we’ve built. If your idea of fun is making code do amazing things, we’ll make sure you never have a boring day working with The Grommet.
Apply here: https://www.thegrommet.com/about-us/careers