Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
The ideal candidate will support the continued development of a wide array of site/civil engineering services within SGH. S/he will be expected to support our work in site layout, grading, roadway and utility design, hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, stormwater management, and erosion and sedimentation control; including the preparation of calculations, drawings, specifications, and written technical reports; and to engage in construction administration activities.
- Perform a wide range of civil engineering analysis, design, and investigation involving industrial sites, building sites, bridges, roadways and multi-use paths.
- Work on projects that may include:
- Preparation of construction documents, specifications, written reports, and cost estimates for a wide range of civil engineering projects.
- Design or evaluation of site grading and layout, utilities, hydrology and hydraulics, and erosion and sedimentation control.
- Evaluate existing and prepare design of proposed stormwater drainage systems including design of Stormwater Best Management Practices (BMPs).
- Evaluate existing and prepare design of proposed utility systems.
- Evaluation of existing pavement and proposed repairs.
- Support SGH’s Building Technology group; prepare design for plaza drainage systems, sub-slab dewatering systems, and footing drainage systems.
- Support SGH’s new Building Design Group; prepare civil/site plans for new construction and site redevelopment.
- Support SGH’s Bridge Group; prepare site plans and roadway approach design for bridge repair and rehabilitation projects.
- Prepare site and utility layout for industrial and utility transmission sites.
- Perform site visits to evaluate and design repairs to existing site/civil infrastructure.
- Investigation of retaining wall, pavement, stormwater, and sewer problems.
- Leveraging Civil3D capabilities in support of various internal SGH groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required.
- MS in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering preferred; educational support available for those who are interested in obtaining an MS in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering or currently enrolled in such a program.
- Engineer in Training certification required.
- 0-5 years of engineering experience (less considered if MS).
- Demonstrated experience with Autodesk Civil 3d preferred.
- Experience with the set-up, organization, and production of plan sets, including plan and profile sheets utilizing Civil3D beneficial.
- Familiar with civil/site permitting requirements beneficial.
- Familiarity with computer analysis software (e.g., XPStorm or XPSWMM, Civil 3d, AutoCAD, AutoTurn, HydroCAD, etc.).
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to travel to remote job sites not accessible by public transportation, and if applicable, an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
SGH has over 550 employees and offices in Boston, Chicago, Houston, New York City, San Francisco, Southern California, and Washington, DC.
SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. SGH considers all qualified applicants, and we encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply.
Contact Elisa Livingston for more information: email@example.com or Contact SHPE Boston if you have any questions!