This is the SHPE first-annual casting call for Hosts. We want you to host the Opening Ceremony at the 2017 Conference in Kansas City!
We’re looking for two personalities to host this year’s Opening Ceremony and you can audition today!
We will select two members from two different chapters to host this year’s Opening Ceremony
- An Emcee hopeful must be an active SHPE member and understand and promote SHPE values and culture
- You must be comfortable in front of a live audience
- Teleprompter experience in a plus but not required.
- You should be able to ad lib off prompter with comedy, inside stories relatable to the audience, and engineering anecdotes.
- You must create a stage presence and be able to generate energy with an audience.
1) A 250-word essay on why you should be the co-host of the Opening Ceremony.
2) A 2-minute video audition of you performing, reading the supplied script, and delivering a one-minute monologue on why you should be one of the co-hosts of the Opening Ceremony. Show us your stage presence!
Send the word doc or pdf named: Your.Name.Essay.pdf and Your.Name.Video.mov (or MP4).
Initial entries will be judged by a professional production panel and successful candidates will be notified of their initial selection. Finalists’ entries will be placed on the SHPE Facebook page where the final vote will be cast by your fellow SHPE members.
Winners will receive complimentary access to the SHPE Conference in Kansas City and paid airfare.
The deadline for audition submission is June 30, 2017